- Excellent replacement for incandescent flood lights. Review by Stephen
Quality Feature Overall Value
- Looking for BR30 LED! This is the one you should buy! Review by Mechalas
Value Quality Feature Overall
1. For 13 watts you get 730 lumens of light which puts it right at 65 Watt equivalence for most indoor floods. The previous generation of this bulb was just a tiny bit dimmer, more of a 60 Watt equiv.
2. It gives off light at 2700K, which is exactly equivalent to a typical incandescent. The previous generation of this bulb was at 3000K giving it a much cooler appearance. Close to incandescent, yes, but not close enough. If you need or prefer a warm look, or you want an EXACT replacement for your incandescent, this is the one to get. I have some of these in the kitchen along with incandescent bulbs and the light color is exactly the same. Perfect.
3. It has a terrific diffuser. No hot spots under the bulb, and no hot spots visible through the diffuser, either. Just even, warm white light.
4. It turns on in about 1/4 of a second. That's close enough to "instant on" in my book.
Note that the bulb is a little bit shorter than a typical incandescent, 65 Watt flood. If you are using cans for your lights, the bulb will recess into the fixture just a little bit more. (Posted on 5/21/12)