Philips 13w 120v BR30 2700k EnduraLED Dimmable Airflux Technology Light Bulb
- Product Review (submitted on May 21, 2012):
This is the perfect indoor LED flood light bulb. Absolutely perfect. It is a significant upgrade to their previous generation bulb (which was very good). Here's why:
1. For 13 watts you get 730 lumens of light which puts it right at 65 Watt equivalence for most indoor floods. The previous generation of this bulb was just a tiny bit dimmer, more of a 60 Watt equiv.
2. It gives off light at 2700K, which is exactly equivalent to a typical incandescent. The previous generation of this bulb was at 3000K giving it a much cooler appearance. Close to incandescent, yes, but not close enough. If you need or prefer a warm look, or you want an EXACT replacement for your incandescent, this is the one to get. I have some of these in the kitchen along with incandescent bulbs and the light color is exactly the same. Perfect.
3. It has a terrific diffuser. No hot spots under the bulb, and no hot spots visible through the diffuser, either. Just even, warm white light.
4. It turns on in about 1/4 of a second. That's close enough to "instant on" in my book.
Note that the bulb is a little bit shorter than a typical incandescent, 65 Watt flood. If you are using cans for your lights, the bulb will recess into the fixture just a little bit more.