Philips TUV T8 Germicidal LampsTUV T8 lamps are double-ended UVC (germicidal) lamps used in professional water and air disinfection units.
Philips TUV T8 Germicidal lamps offer almost constant UV output over their complete lifetime, for maximum security of disinfection and high system efficacy.
Moreover, they have a long and reliable lifetime, which allows maintenance to be planned for in advance.
- Security of effective disinfection over the useful lifetime of the lamp
- Maintenance can be planned in advance, virtually eliminating the need for expensive spot replacement of prematurely failed lamps
- High system efficacy because it is not required to over-design the purification system to maintain effectiveness of disinfection
- Good environmental choice because of lowest amount of mercury
- Short-wave UV radiation with a peak at 253.7 nm (UVC) for disinfection purposes
- Protective inside coating ensures constant UV output over the complete lifetime of the lamp
- Long lifetime of 18.000 hours (based on operation on a Philips electronic driver)
- High reliability with the lowest percentage of lamps that fail prematurely in the market (90% of all lamps still operate on full output and quality after 15,000 hrs if operated on a Philips electronic driver)
- Special lamp glass filters out the 185 nm ozone-forming radiation
- High Output versions available for optimum UVC output per lamp length, allowing for reduction of system size
- Warning sign on lamp indicates that the lamp radiates UVC
- Air disinfection systems in professional applications such as universities, hospitals, jails and laboratories
- Upper air and whole room disinfection equipment in hospitals, intensive care units and surgery rooms
- Areas with low maintenance and/or disruptive costs
- Fish ponds and process water units
- A lamp breaking is extremely unlikely to have any impact on your health. If a lamp breaks, ventilate the room for 30 minutes and remove the parts, preferably with gloves. Put them in a sealed plastic bag and take it to your local waste facilities for recycling. Do not use a vacuum cleaner.
- DANGER: Risk Group 3 Ultra Violet product. These lamps emit high-power UV radiation that can cause severe injury to skin and eyes. Avoid eye and skin exposure to unshielded products. Use only in an enclosed environment which shields users from the radiation.
Stay in Touch